Here is information about your medical insurance. Your benefit booklet is available on your extranet.
Our insurance provider, Erika Insurance, has now joined the AETNA Network, a large group of healthcare providers. This means that if you now visit a doctor who is affiliated with the AETNA network, you will be able to take advantage of the discounts and benefits available to network members.
ü NO deductible for doctor/hospital visits within the Aetna network. This applies to au pairs with BOTH basic and extended insurance.
ü You still have the option to visit any doctor you choose, however, the deductible will apply to any non-network providers ($60/basic, $30/extended; charged at your first visit)
ü Locate an Aetna doctor in your area using the Aetna website aetna.com/docfind – enter your zip code and make sure you select ‘Aetna Standard Plans’ and ‘Open Choice PPO Plan’ as your health plan type. You can also call the Chickering Claims Administrators at 1-800-783-7447 for a complete list of participating providers.
ü The Aetna network does NOT apply to dental coverage. The deductible will still apply to those au pairs with limited coverage under the extended insurance.
ü ERIKA insurance policy has not changed in regards to what is covered or excluded from coverage
– can be purchased in your home country or after arrival in the US through Boston ONLY WITHIN 1st MONTH
– $425 (subject to change)
§ UNLIMITED medical expenses
§ DENTAL CARE – necessary treatment (cavities) -$200 max; does not include cleaning; teeth injured in an accident – full reimbursement for temporary treatment
§ FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT in case of death in the family (only parents and siblings)
– extended insurance for EXTENSION AU PAIRS can be purchased BEFORE your last legal working day
Ø $425/12 months
Ø $319/9 months
Ø $212.50/6 months
If you’ve already purchased 13th month insurance it will automatically roll over to your 25th, 22nd, or 19th month.
13th month insurance
– if you do not purchase this insurance YOU ARE NOT INSURED for you extra month
– if you are traveling during the 13th month, we strongly encourage you to purchase the 13th month insurance
– may be purchased up until your legal departure day through Boston
– $95 (just send in a check or a money order to Operations, made payable to CCAP with a note stating what the check is for)
– with this insurance you are also covered for risky sports on Trek America trips
– purchase in your home country or in the US
– includes coverage for rafting, rock-climbing, taekwondo, off-slope skiing, …
!!! In case of an accident, contact Erika IMMEDIATELLY and FILE A CLAIM FORM. Only YOU can fill out the form (nobody else). !!!
!!! Keep all RECEIPTS, BILLS, and MEDICAL/POLICE/INSURANCE REPORTS. !!!
Claim forms are included in the welcome packet that is sent to the host family before your arrival to the US. You can also download the forms from the Erika website www.erikainsurance.com.
If you need to be reimbursed for a medical expense or for baggage or property claims (extended insurance holders only) the claim form needs to be filled out completely and sent to Chickering. In addition to the claim form, you must send all receipts, itemized bills, police reports and any other information related to the claim, as well as a copy of the insurance card. Claims will not be processed without the above documents.
Contact Nordic Assistance (1-800-871-9211) if:
– you need to be hospitalized
– you need surgery
– you have a mental health disorder or eating disorder
– you need to interrupt the program
Claims Handling while in the USA:
Erika Travel Insurance/Chickering Claims Administrators
P.O. Box 15719
Boston, MA 02215-1201
Tel. 617-218-8400; 1-800-783-7447
Emergency Assistance (also Claims Handling outside the USA)
Erika Travel Insurance/Nordic Assistance
SE-100 73 Stockholm, Sweden
Tel. +46 8 579 379 79; 1-800-871-9211
Fax +46 8 579 379 75
For more information on coverage refer to your Erika Travel Insurance GENERAL CONDITIONS booklet.
If you have questions about the policy you should contact Chickering directly (1-800-783-7447) as CC staff is not trained to answer these questions.